About Me

My photo
I was raised in the lowlands of Siberia by a pack of mangy wolves and a reindeer with ingrown antlers. I often walked alone amongst the mosquitos and barrels of nuclear waste contemplating the finite nature of my rickets-prone, malnourished body. One fine summer day I emerged from my sleep-heap (made of permafrost, reindeer dung, and old Life magazines) and went looking for materials for a new loin cloth. I came across a deserted Cold-War era radio tower and found this Apple 2E computer, where I now blog so much that I fear I may go blind.

Monday, March 23, 2009

This Thing Goes To Eleven

I've been Diggin' things lately after learning about this Thing. I never knew there were so many Things to Digg! I used to dig mostly to bury found objects that proved to be radioactive, like that "solar powered" tanning bed. It was just the latrine from a failed nuclear sub. I didn't think that tans were supposed to smell like that. I think that Digg can help me discover new websites that I haven't heard of before by linking to the most popular stories on the Digg home page, since it does take you directly to the original piece and you can explore from there. For example, Digg had a highly rated story from something called Time magazine called "When S--- Happens." I clicked on it, seduced by the temptation of a hinted-at piece of hyphenated scatalogical teasing, and then after I internalized my fierce disappointment into a reservoir of rage for future revenge in an unrelated situtation, I was able to read other stories, like this sophisticated political analysis entitled "Senate Constipation."
http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2008/07/30/senate_constipation/

No comments:

Post a Comment