About Me

My photo
I was raised in the lowlands of Siberia by a pack of mangy wolves and a reindeer with ingrown antlers. I often walked alone amongst the mosquitos and barrels of nuclear waste contemplating the finite nature of my rickets-prone, malnourished body. One fine summer day I emerged from my sleep-heap (made of permafrost, reindeer dung, and old Life magazines) and went looking for materials for a new loin cloth. I came across a deserted Cold-War era radio tower and found this Apple 2E computer, where I now blog so much that I fear I may go blind.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thing 14 Going On 23

I created an iGoogle page and now I'm Dr. Blogging about it. I chose this one after writing down the names of the choices on little signs all around the tundra, consulting the divining rod book I discovered in Library Thing (See previous Thing for more info), and feeling my way to iGoogle. I chose music as one of my interests and it gives me links to Youtube videos where I can behold much auditory crap. I also chose politics but it gave me an archive of various minor candidate articles from last year's election! That's so 1.0! Besides, Putin won the US election according to my best local sources. The Google calendar has a great feature where you can email directly from an event entry. I could use this when I'm scheduling my patients for the annual Ruttfest, where they agree to be "helpers" in the caribou mating rituals. It's somewhere halfway between rodeo clown and fluffer. If you have to ask what that means, you probably don't want to know. Anyway, I can notify all of them at once instead of having to email them individually. I think it's a great example of ancient tradition and modern technology. I also checked out the ta da list, but I found it odd to choose from a list of listmakers, then go on a tour where it lists what you can list with the listmaker, then making a topic list for your lists, then looking at lists of lists that others have listed, and then making your list, in order to save time. Plus I don't think it would be smart to post my list of victims, tax shelters, or bookie payments online (if I had them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment