About Me

My photo
I was raised in the lowlands of Siberia by a pack of mangy wolves and a reindeer with ingrown antlers. I often walked alone amongst the mosquitos and barrels of nuclear waste contemplating the finite nature of my rickets-prone, malnourished body. One fine summer day I emerged from my sleep-heap (made of permafrost, reindeer dung, and old Life magazines) and went looking for materials for a new loin cloth. I came across a deserted Cold-War era radio tower and found this Apple 2E computer, where I now blog so much that I fear I may go blind.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Theeng Threeeeeeee3

At first I thought Technorati was the name of the new Italian dictator, but now I see that it is a search engine for blogs. And better yet, it isn't even limited to blogs about fascism! I eagerly performed several searches using important newsworthy terms like reindeer, caribou, and Siberia. Technorati generated many blogy tidbits, but I did have trouble finding anything very relevant to my query. I found lots of bits about "Caribou Barbie" and exploding satellites but not much about the actual animals. Finally after reviewing several hits I did locate one young blogger who described the caribou's "embarrassing habit of pawing the snow for food." Well, my caribou likes to paw me for food (and sometimes just for fun) so that's not much help.

I repeated my search in IceRocket, hoping at first that this was an express train across the Sea of Okhotsk to the shores of Japan, but actually it was just more blogs. I repeated my "caribou" search. This time I received more appropriate bestial hits, although I also generated some blogs in French (purty words, but I didn't understand 'em.) Benito Technorati let me filter out by language so that was a bit easier. IceRocket produced several blogs about environmental policy appropriate to my query, as well as one post that also appeared in my Technorati search. What's Russian for deja-vu?

No comments:

Post a Comment